Protect Yourself and Your Debit Card
- DO NOT let your debit card out of your sight. This includes handing over your debit card to a waiter/waitress, gas station attendant or anyone else that will take your card out of your sight to complete your transaction.
- DO NOT USE SUSPICIOUS ATM’S. Avoid ATM’s that appear to be dirty or in disrepair, have unusual signage (such as instructions to enter your Pin twise or other unusual instructions), or ATM’s that appear to have been altered (crooked, unusual attachments, loose or damaged)
- BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS. Avoid entering your PIN when strangers are in the vicinity. Cover the key pad with your free hand while entering your PIN to block a camera or another individual from seeing the numbers you entered.
- DO NOT MAKE PURCHASES IN FREE WIFI HOTSPOTS.
- SHOP ON SECURE WEBSITES ONLY. These website will start with https in the address. Also look for the padlock icon in the browser bar.
- DO NOT SEND PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION THROUGH E-MAIL.
- DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS ON YOUR CELL PHONE OR E-MAIL CLAIMING THAT YOU WON A PRIZE OR GIFT CARD.
- KEEP YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION UPDATED WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION.
- BEWARE OF USING YOUR DEBIT CARD AT THESE PLACES AT ALL COSTS:
- Independant ATM’s (not owned by a financial institution)
- Gas Stations
USE YOUR DEBIT CARD AS “CREDIT” WHENEVER POSSIBLE.